Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Birthday Dress: Part 1

Deciding what to make:

I think it was last year (coincidentally, around April) that I talked about making this BWOF dress in orange and pink.



A year later, I'm going to get cracking. I've traced it out (12 pieces! good grief!) and now I need to add seam allowances and make a muslin.

Why am I making a muslin, you ask? Only because this is rated a 3-dot pattern, and I've never made a 3-dot pattern before. I want to make sure I'm up to the challenge, before ruining the good fabric.

My wearable muslin (despite this excellent post, I can't bring myself to cut and sew without getting something out of it, and good fit doesn't count for me) will be in yellow, with white bands.

Now, off to add seam allowances and cut it out...

2 comments:

Christina said...

I totally dig that dress. Good luck!

Monica said...

What a fun project this is going to be, I can't wait to see it completed.