Monday, November 07, 2011

Calling for help! (Especially the Australian kind...)

Months ago, I was at some bookstore (in Montreal, I think?) and was flipping through their sewing magazines, and came across this one - the Stitches magazine, published in Australia. I was attracted by the idea of a no-sew draped top, but there wasn't enough in the rest of the magazine to justify buying it... or so I thought.



Months later, this is driving me insane, because in the article about the no-sew top, they referenced a book that is all about the draped clothing of cultures all around the world. (This is what I remember, at any rate.)

Does anyone have this magazine? If so, would you do me the world's biggest favour, please? Would you look up the article and tell me what the book they refer to is? That book, I think I would buy. Or atleast try to get my library to find. I'm trying to avoid spending $10 on a magazine just to find out one little book reference.

Pretty please? Sugar on top?

5 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Reethi - I saw your post and your comment on my blog...but those issues are still boxed and I have no idea in which box they are. That's why I didn't volunteer to get you the information. If no one else has answered by the weekend, I will see if I can locate the issue for you.

Reethi said...

@Carolyn: I suspected that (flashback to my moves!) thanks for replying, Carolyn. Whenever they get unpacked, I'd appreciate you looking, if no-one else has looked! But it isn't actually urgent, just something I remembered I wanted to do.

Thanks again!

Reethi

Anonymous said...

Hi there from Australia, I have this magazine and the book you're after is "Wrap & Drape Fashion" published by The Pepin Press. The website: www.pepinpress.com hope this helps.
Regards, Bruna

Reethi said...

@Bruna - thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Off to go find the book now. Yay!

Josie said...

Hi Reethi,
In case you need extra details the ISBN is 978 90 5496 125 3. Good luck!