Friday, November 13, 2009

The first meal...

Read more here about the Madhur Jaffrey project - one of my 2010 goals. For an index of recipes, click here.

Was cooked on September 3, 2009. After that, I have cooked about 10 recipes, but haven't taken photos. I'm stating that these don't count, and will therefore have to cook these again.

Dinner - September 3, 2009: Green beans with sesame paste and garlic, Spiced rice with cashews, yogurt with cucumber and crushed mustard seeds.



Notes:

- This green bean recipe rules. I had it at my cousin's house, and I went and bought the cookbook. Enough said.
- The crushed mustard seeds in a raita was new to me. It was different, and took a bit of getting used to, but I liked it after a bit.
- The rice took forever to make. Soak. Cook on stovetop for 20 minutes. Then bake in over for 40 minutes. I started cooking at 7.30pm or thereabouts - I ate at 10. However, I took some of the rice to a party at my mom's, and everyone there loved it. I therefore surmise that it was worth it.

No comments: