Thursday, December 28, 2006
New Years resolution - finish one project before starting the next. Yeah, right.
1. Black bag for my cousin Priya. (Not yet started.)
2. U2 pillow for my friend Brian. (Half done.)
3. Wall hanging for Jan. (Half done.)
4. My dress. (Half done.)
5. Tote bag for my mom. (Half done, need to add interfacing.)
6. Red fleece blanket (Needs to be hemmed.)
Other things I'd like to make:
1. Postage stamp pendants
3. A Christmas tree skirt.
4. Christmas stockings, like these at Hable Construction .
And so much more...
Jan's wall hanging
inspired by this Motawi tile.
Sunday, December 24, 2006
I finished my quilt for Shirin, and sent it off, with a bag for her. I have no picture of the bag. But here's a picture of the quilt.
I've been wanting a cable knit bag forever (since I saw it in Lucky.) So I went to the thrift store, bought a sweater and some black pleather, and made this bag. I'm not completely happy with it, I think its too large, don't like the shape, but it was good learning - since I've never sewn with a sweater. I might try this again, but with more patience.