Sunday, November 18, 2007

Random musings.

Well, Michigan didn't win. Bleah. Nonetheless, useful time, since I got BWOF 09/2007 115 traced. (I think its this pattern, I don't have the magazine in front of me, and for some reason, annoyingly, I can't see the old patterns on the website.)

Also, I finished my t-shirt after the game. My photographer (kid brother) is napping, so a pic in a bit... It really came out well, and I love it.

In the evening, I went out to a Sewing meetup. This was fun! I've never sewn with people, and it was fun to see what other people were doing, etc. There were 8 of us, and fairly evenly divided age-wise, which was nice. Interestingly, everyone there cuts with scissors! Of course, to each their own, and all that, but honestly, when I switched to cutting with a rotary cutter, it changed my life. Cutting with scissors, my second layer would always slip and slide around, and I could never cut very accurately. With the rotary cutter, more accurate, and infinitely faster.

At the sewing meetup, I cut and started sewing the BWOF. Its coming along well, almost done...

I'm watching football now, of course. Perhaps I'll trace something else?

1 comment:

renee said...

I like both your tops. I totally bypassed the one with the pleating in the September edition.

Also, now that I have a larger cutting space, I'm going to attempt this rotary thing. But, I so sort of like the thought of real dressmaker shears. It helps me pretend I actually know what I'm doing.