I'm pondering about entering the Pattern Review Wardrobe Contest.
Inspiring me are these images from the Spiegel website. Evidently, I really like yellow.
And this bag!!!!
The contest needs 10 total pieces:
1. The bag - if not similar, then inspired by the bag above
2. A jacket - the yellow. I've been wanting to learn how to make a jacket, so this is good. Don't really know what pattern I'm going to use - but I'll make my jacket have full sleeves, I think.
3. White pants - using Simplicity 4135
4. Black or dark gray pants - also using Simplicity 4135.
5. White pencil skirt. I think there's a pattern in one of my BWOFs.
6. Black shirt - I've been wanting to make BWOF 07-2007 115 I've also never made a fitted shirt, so lots of adventure ahead.
7. Black tank top.
8. Yellow printed drawstring shirt. Kind of like this BWOF 03-2008-111 tunic.
9. Solid yellow shirt. Not quite sure what pattern to use.
Which leaves another bottom to plan. Hmm. Maybe a printed skirt - same print as the shirt?
10 pieces though is a really aggressive goal, and I do have other things to do between now and the end of April. I'm also seriously trying to avoid buying fabric, and I'll have to buy at least a little for this challenge. I'm not sure if its worth it... Thoughts?