Friday, May 09, 2008

Lots of procrastination

Nothing much is getting done chez Reethi. I'd originally had a LONG (think 10+ projects) sewing list for May, and a third of the month has gone by, and I've done 1. The simplest one - an A-line skirt.

Right now, on the sewing table is this vintage Advance pattern.



I want to make it in this gorgeous red eyelet (from India.)



But, since I've never made a vintage pattern before, I'm going to actually make a muslin. (Yeah, I know. Its pretty strange behavior for me.)

My muslin, which I'm hoping will be wearable, is going to be this cheerful orange print. I found it at Fabricland, it was 100% cotton (made in India, of course! aarrgh!) and I paid $10 for 3 meters. Cool!



This vintage pattern sewing was totally inspired by Kristy, who actually USES her vintage patterns. Also providing motivation was the Vintage Pattern sewing contest at PatternReview.

Perhaps I'll get the muslin made this weekend? I'm going out tonight and tomorrow afternoon, and Sunday is Mother's Day (with attendant festivities) so there isn't much sewing time. However, this pattern seems simple enough, so perhaps.

5 comments:

cidell said...

Ohmigosh, this is going to be so pretty!! Are you doing the jacket too? You have to do the jacket.

angie.a said...

Ooh, I love that eyelet. It's a beautiful color!! Good luck in the wardrobe contest! Yours is SO fabulous! :)

angia.a

Tany said...

This is going to be a beautiful dress!

Chicago Sarah said...

I can't wait to see this dress- I love the fabric!

Kristy Chan said...

ooh I can't wait to see your dress either- that pattern in the eyelet fabric will be fantastic. and the best way to justify a large stash of anything is to use it, that way it's not hoarding, it's accumulating necessary materials!