Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pattern Review - McCalls 5466, view C

I was burrowing through my stash on Saturday, and pulled this brown fabric out. I'd bought it around 2 years ago, at Joann, without being sure what to do with it...

I've also wanted to make McCall 5466, view C for a while.

So, here it is.



I modified the pattern - didn't cut the skirt on the bias. (Not enough fabric.) Also, omitted the facings, and used bias strips to finish the neck edge. Apart from that, took 2 inches off the torso, 2 inches off the hem.

I messed up too - I forgot to cut the bodice on the fold. So, my bodice has a seam in it. (Plus, there isn't enough flowers in the bodice, which isn't too horribly visible, but still visible.)

All in all, this isn't my favorite dress, but it works. We'll call it a wearable muslin.

Boring details - I made a size 10 on top, size 12 at the bottom.

(And here's a slightly better shot, but without my head.)



Bonus cat shot - awww! Biscuit likes her ball of wool.


1 comment:

Sew Shy said...

This is a very cute dress! I like the fabric and the style on you.