Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sewing review BWOF 02-2009-108



Finally, the camera batteries were charged, I had some spare time, so time for pictures and review.

The Feb 2009 BWOF issue rocked! I wanted to make almost everything in this issue. So far, however, the only thing I've made is this 1.5 dot t-shirt, so I better get cracking.

Fabric: A Joann's buy, from forever ago. I've used portions of it before, but I had enough left over to squeeze out this t-shirt. I don't know how much I paid for it? Probably $3-$4 a yard. Only problem - this fabric is really sheer. I'm wearing this tee with a tank top underneath, for modesty's sake.

Pattern: BWOF 02-2009-108.

Pattern adjustments:
I cut a size 38, my standard BWOF top size. The only thing I did was sew the shoulders together, and then finish the neck edge, rather than finishing the neck edge and then sewing the shoulder.

Time taken: Pretty quick - this is a basic t-shirt, and it doesn't take long to sew up. 2-3 hours?

Good things: I love the boatneck tee, this is a nice basic, and it fits well.

Bad things:
Bleah, the hem. I know I'm probably the only person that would notice that the hem is stretched out, but I do notice it, and I don't like it. Ah well. I'll still wear it.

Conclusion: I do like this style - it is a nice basic, and I'll make more.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Very pretty. Love the print.

AllisonC said...

This t looks great on you, the neckline is really flattering.

Summerset said...

Great job, you can't even see the hem due to the color and print.