Monday, March 15, 2010

Up Next - Saint Patrick Day sewing

I've two green dresses in my wardrobe.


and


But... the first dress is a very thin cotton; not winter-appropriate or work-appropriate. And the second dress is in the mending pile - I need to re-do the zipper on it, since invisible zippers are actually supposed to be gulp! invisible.

So, I've two evenings to make a fully-lined green dress.

I'm going to be using McCall 5466 - view B.



My fabric is a very dark-green solid. (So dark that I had to look at it under very good light to make sure it wasn't black.)

This is not a hard pattern to make. If I get the lining cut out (the one task that causes an incredible amount of procrastination) I'll get it finished. (Of course, I don't have a green zipper, but I've decided that a black zipper will work fine.)

1 comment:

Chicago Sarah said...

Go go Reethi! And what if you just made facings and wore a slip? That'd save some time....