Friday, September 03, 2010

A New Top + Self-Stitched September - Day 3



Ok - here's where I trash-talk about a fellow sewer. The Selfish Seamstress? Not selfish. I totally stole this idea from her, downloaded her Minimalist Cowl pattern (that she self-less-ly put up, scanned through the instructions, and then did my own thing anyway. (Because I (a) doubt I'll fit in an XS/S, and (b) am too lazy to print, tape together, cut out, etc - especially when I have a basic pattern that'll work almost as well.)

I didn't have enough fabric to make as wide a cowl, but that's fine! I really like the look of this one.

And you can tell I loved it by the fact that I made it Thursday night, and wore it Friday morning! I've been needing a work-appropriate basic black top for a while now. Sweet...

The skirt is McCalls 5474, reviewed here. I don't think I wore this skirt during Me-Made-May, and I think it was because I didn't have a black t-shirt to pair with it...

2 comments:

anuradha said...

That looks NEAT!Make one for me too.....

SEWN said...

I love the top. I might have to try her pattern too.