After the adventure that was (the inaccurately named) 7-Dresses-in-7-Days, I'm assuming I'll spend some time picking up the crap that's all around the house, but I thought - hey, it's the beginning of the month - let me make some actual sewing goals.
With that in mind, here's what I'd like to do by next Wednesday:
1. Finish my red dress. My inspiration dress is this red dress that Lily was wearing on season 3 of How I Met Your Mother. It's cut out, and sewn together, but a quick try-on last night revealed I needed to take an inch off the bodice length, and possibly an inch or two off the skirt length, so some seam-ripping awaits.
2. Make a white shirt. It isn't just for Me-Made-June, I don't actually own a white shirt, self-sewn or otherwise. I have fabric, I probably even have buttons. This shouldn't take that long, I should just get to it.
3. Cut out some lining for a UFO that's been in the pile since about this time last year. (Waiting for lining to be cut out.) If I can get everything ready, I'll be in good shape to work on this next week.
4. This isn't a sewing thing precisely, but I need to do the winter-summer clothes transfer in my closet. I still have woolen skirts on hangers. It's time to pull the summer dresses out, and put away the heavy winter gear.
5. If I have time after all that, I'd like to trace something out from a BWOF magazine. There's a simple knit dress I've had in mind for a long time now (with corresponding fabric in stash.) I'd really love to get this going.
That's it! Readers, do you have sewing goals this week?