Sunday, April 29, 2012

I'm late to the party!

The Pyjama Party, that is...


But hey, just a day late? That's akin to a miracle for me. 

PJs are a funny thing, dear Readers. I sleep in the most ghastly things - old torn t-shirts, usually - the kind that you toss into the rag bag automatically. For me to pick new fabric and make myself a pair of PJs? - that seemed ultra luxurious. 

In for a penny, in for a pound, I say! I picked out newish fabric - I'd bought this white and black polka-dot fabric at King's Textiles pretty recently. I'd originally had it earmarked for a blouse, but I threw caution out the window, and instead made a pair of PJs.

For a pattern, I used New Look 6523. I cut a size 12, and lengthened the pattern by 2 inches at the hem. I sort-of-followed Melissa's tutorial for elastic insertion

The best part of making PJs? You can have a bit of fun taking photos. 




The orchids on the night-stand are gorgeous, no? They are a birthday gift from my parents. 

I'm still in the PJs, I can tell it is going to be a lazy, lazy Sunday. Perfect. 

3 comments:

Didyoumakethat said...

Yay! Classic pjs..

anuradha said...

Cute!They look really comfy!You look very sweet in the second pic!

Jean C. said...

Happy Belated Birthday! A girl can't have too many people telling her that! Now asking how old (although I don't think that pertains to you!) is another matter!
You pj's are cute, and comfy looking. Always nice to have new jammies! When my mom gets new flannel pj's... she calls them her "magic jammies"! Mostly cause they are soo soft and warm and cuddly!
Enjoy!