Friday, May 25, 2012

Vogue 1179 - Probably the easiest dress in the world!


Ok, how awesome is this dress! I opened the pattern envelope and pulled the uncut pattern out at 7.30pm yesterday - by 11.00pm, I was completely done sewing this dress. And I'm a distracted sewist - in between, I watched bits of TV, played with Biscuit, checked email, blah, blah.

3 pattern pieces. Very little fitting required. Nice and roomy, but yet not 'when are you due?'. I love this dress.

- I bought the fabric on my recent trip to New York Easter weekend. I was originally thinking a wrap dress, but that would have been more complicated fitting, and I wasn't in the mood for that. It is some kind of synthetic knit - $4 a yard, I think. (I think I bought it at Chic Fabrics, on W38? 39?)

- I didn't pay attention to fabric placement on the back, otherwise, I'd have centered the print. Meh.


- Yes, I realize this is not on my May sewing list. Bad Reethi.


11 comments:

Gillian said...

It's great !I love the print... Do you know any good places in Toronto to get cheap but nice jersey? Sadly I won't find myself in New York any time soon! :P

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I agree this is one easy pattern to sew with great results and you married an awesome piece of fabric with this pattern. You look amazing in it.

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Great dress. Love the fabric.

Beth (SunnyGal Studio) said...

that looks great, a lot of style for only 3 pattern pieces!

SEWN said...

Love this dress. So cute!

SewOm said...

Beautiful dress, and the fabric really does rock!

Anonymous said...

Awesome dress...what pattern was it? Looks like the one we made but looser fit?

AllisonC said...

Fantastic dress Reethi, that fabric is amazing!

Ali said...

I love this on you! Simple pattern makes a beautiful fabric really stand out :)

Kay said...

LOVE the dress, Reethi!!

Tia Dia said...

Your version is bee-YEW-ti-ful! What a gorgeous print!