Sunday, December 30, 2012

BWOF 11-2012-136A - the last project for 2012?


I'm hoping not, though this indeed might be it for 2012 sewing - I work a half-day tomorrow, there's new year eve festivities planned in the evening, and I've a maximum of 2 free hours in between.

Yes indeed, I do have a giant pink flower on my breast.

Before I left for Germany, one evening, I pulled out the November 2012 issue of Burda Style, traced out the 136A top, and sewed it up. The fabric was part of a G-Street haul two years ago. Like everyone else who has made this top up, I raised the side seam to close the arm hole a bit.

Unlike other quick and easy projects that haven't worked well, I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out. I desperately need tops - they are a big wardrobe hole. Burda Style has been drafting a bunch of easy, yet interesting top patterns that I've been meaning to make, and I'm glad I got to this one.

I'm showing off my Christmas decor. Notice my top matches my awesome pink feather tree in the background.

I've another version cut up - watch for that in 2013!

4 comments:

Debbie Cook said...

Blogger at my comment so I'm trying again. Hope it doesn't duplicate now.

I think the pink flower placement is perfect. Really dramatic and does NOT make me think about your bust. lol Love the pink tree too.

Happy New Year!

Gail said...

Love your top! I keep seeing this pattern pop up - I may have to give it a try myself!

SEWN said...

Cute top. Love the print. Happy new year!

Clio said...

Fun! The flower placement in fine IMHO!