So, I started a new job Friday. Which means dramatic lowering of sewing output. (Otherwise a good thing, though, I'm really enjoying myself.)
Since I haven't been sewing, I'll do my meme instead. Lilia and Christina both tagged me - so here goes!
1) What was I doing 10 years ago?
Working as a software engineer, living in Cleveland, getting over a boy...
2.) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
I had a lot of work related things, which aren't interesting, and are probably fairly confidential. Other than that...
- I cut out Simplicity 4074 last night, and I'd like to start sewing it.
- Go to sleep early tonight, I'd like to actually catch the train on time tomorrow morning.
3) Snacks I enjoy:
Hmm. I actually don't like a lot of packaged snacks. However, I can eat my body weight in cheese, most veggie appetizers, bread. I love chocolate, though! No chocolate is safe from me.
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
- Buy a house. I'd buy an old house - I love old houses.
- Buy a vacation house. Somewhere on a beach.
- Oh, since I'm dreaming, I'd like a plane to fly me to my vacation house.
- I'd do nice stuff for my parents and siblings, of course - house, vacation house, plane, that kind of stuff.
- Have I burned through a billion yet? No? Well, I'd invest in companies that promote alternative sources of energy, organizations that promote education in the Third World, Planned Parenthood and the ACLU.
Although all of these sound pretty fun, and its great to dream, I have to provide context here. I'm mostly truly contented with my life. I have a pretty good life.
5) Places I have lived:
In chronological order - Madras (Chennai), India; Cleveland, OH; Boston, MA (actually, Cambridge); Ann Arbor, MI and now, Mississauga (Toronto), ON.
6) Jobs I have had:
In chronological order - Software intern, Coffee shop girl, software engineer, technology consultant, museum gift shop attendant, management consultant and now, manager (I work in the corporate office of a retailer.)
I'm going to do my usual thing on tagging - if you want to play, please do. I'd love to know more about all of you!
Now, off to tackle the to-do list. Sewing, yay!