Saturday, May 23, 2009

Mini Project Week - Friday: Copying Anthropologie

I'm copying Amanda - and am going to try to do one mini-project a day this week. I've a ton of half-finished projects/easy craft projects, etc, and I'd like to take a stab at paring that list down.

Yesterday's project was copying the Gentleman Juggler necklace from Anthropologie. I love Anthropologie, and now, they even have a Toronto outlet. I, however, do not love their prices, and when I saw this felted bead necklace, I knew I could rip it off fairly easily, and significantly cheaper than the CAD 120 they were planning on charging.

I burrowed around - I conveniently had both copper chain as well as felted beads sitting in the massive pile of craft supplies, and I got to work. I threaded copper wire through the beads, and attached a bead on every link of the chain.

And here it is.



Other project details: My total cost - about $5. Total time taken - about a hour, while watching Law & Order reruns on TV.

2 comments:

Karolyn said...

You know what's funny? I like your version better. it's always good when cheap is cuter than expensive.

chocolate tamales said...

THat is really cute! I agree..love Anthrololgie..not their prices!