Thursday, February 25, 2010


Finally! The sewing machine seems to be purring along. All is well with the world.

I didn't let this blue fabric from Rasi age in the stash. Even though I have atleast two other projects cut out, I wanted instant gratification, and this Simplicity 2938 top was it. I've made it before - here - and it didn't take much time to put together at all. A couple of hours last night, and a couple of hours tonight.

A few details:

- This top is a bit loose on me, I didn't need the zipper at all. It slips in fine over my head.
- I used bias as instructed to finish the armholes. I also finished the hem with it, attaching it by machine to the right side, then turning and hand-hemming. (I wanted the hem to be barely visible, and I still haven't learned to use my invisible hem foot.)
- I barely had enough fabric to make this, rules of grain went all out of the window. The back is cut on grain, the side front on cross-grain. Seems fine to me, with no ill-effects. I had 0.9 meters, but I think this is 36inch width, so here's what I had left over.

Anyhoo, I'm so happy my sewing machine is back and working! In good time for the serious de-stash sewing I need to do.

1 comment:

anuradha said...

It looks GREAT!!Wonder when (if at all)you will make one for me!