Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Butterick 4799 - the red top


Here's the top I finished over the weekend.

My mom bought me this fabric from India over two years ago. This was in pre-garment-sewing days, I asked her to buy me a meter. I just made it work here - my ties are pieced together to be the right length.

This isn't quite the shirt I wanted to make. That shirt was longer, the neckline was *much* more work-appropriate, and the sleeves were puffed.

Moral of the story? Try a different pattern.

However, I do like this shirt. Perhaps worn with a camisole. Or a better bra.

And I'm pretty sure that it won't lead to little children (or my family) pointing towards me and laughing, so that's good.

2 comments:

Summerset said...

Well, at least you gave it another try! Yes, maybe a different pattern for the same style is now in order.

Anonymous said...

awesome shirt