I've been incredibly inspired by the lovely cardigans Yoshimi and Carolyn have made recently, and I decided to retry cardigan making, despite my last dreadful failure.
So, Friday night, once the skirt was done, I took a t-shirt pattern (an old Butterick, I need to look it up) and went to work. I didn't cut the center front on the fold, obviously, and added an inch and a half to the center front. I finished the neck edges and the center front with the magic Jalie method (it is magic, trust me.) I also hand-hemmed the hem and the sleeves, to prevent any stretching.
And look! A cardigan.
This fabric doesn't have a lot of stretch to it, and I think I need to add more than an inch and a half to the center front, so this doesn't quite close. No worries - I used a purple pin to hold the front together.
I'm super-excited! This took less than two hours (excluding the hand-hemming) and cardigans are so useful. I'm pretty sure I'll be trying this again.