Wednesday, September 08, 2010

My newest cardigan + Self-Stitched-September Day 7



I bought this fabric at Wal-Mart expressly for the purpose of trying out a cardigan. The problem with this fabric is that it stretches out of shape pretty easily, and also, it's pretty sheer. The magic Jalie method worked less magically as a result, and the cardigan is falling off my shoulders a bit. Still, without the magic Jalie method, I'd have ended up with a stretched-out shapeless mess, so let's give credit where credit is due.

The pattern is McCalls 5105. As before, I added 1.5 inches to the center front width, and didn't cut on the fold. However, I think my math is wrong here, and I'll need to add 2.5 inches to the center front to provide for a proper overlapping front.

I don't love this one as much as I do my last attempt. But it did go well with my red dress.

No comments: