Thursday, November 04, 2010

Giant houndstooth skirt - progress report



I had about an hour and a half yesterday to sew - and here's where I've got so far.

- Skirt constructed (except the kick pleat) & zipper in
- Lining not started
- One seam hong-kong finished - the rest need finishing.

Once the skirt was constructed, I tried it on, and wow! giant houndstooth is very flattering. I love this skirt!



For a pattern, I used Simplicity 4047. I'm going to make the top too, once I'm done with the skirt, as I'm going to try to enter PatternReview's November challenge - One Pattern Wardrobe. I know I can't win, but I like participating. It motivates me to sew.

7 comments:

Farah said...

Love the houndstooth skirt, it looks great on you. And i am eying that whole pattern - I want to make all the pieces! maybe one day...

Karin van D. said...

What a great pattern, I can't wait to see all the pieces. What a fun contest! The skirt looks great on you.

Summerset said...

Yay for giant houndstooth! I've yet to start mine, but I know what I want to do with it!

sewabeginner said...

THe skirt looks great. Yay for Team Mondo!

Carolyn (cmarie12) said...

It is a very pretty skirt! Love your Mondo tribute skirt.

anna said...

I love the winter boots very much,so last day I purchased two pairs of ugg wintetr boots and some nice nike running shoes from a shop,For my opinion,their boots have awesome quality and nice price for everyone,I think it maybe good for you.Good luck to you!Power Balance are also very poplar and fashion for you.I think you should have a try!

Anonymous said...

Where did you get your material. I can't find houndstooth material for clothing anywhere.