Friday, December 17, 2010

Not quite a winter dress...

But finally, I have sewing to show.

I've been sick and miserable for most of the last week (people with children - I sympathize completely. I'm pretty sure I caught my persistent cough from a parent who caught it from his kid who caught it from daycare. Not good.) However, last night, right in the middle of the sickness and misery*, I decided to cut out and sew something, and I pulled BWOF 12-2008-113/114 from the stash.


(Since every revision of the BurdaStyle site seems to remove features - previews, magazine archives, etc, I just found the technical drawing at the Russian site and am pasting it here, vs. linking to it.)

I've made two versions of this pattern before - here and here. This time, the fabric I pulled out (a remnant from Joanns that my mom bought for me) was enough to make a dress, and so I did.



There's not much to say about this pattern. It has 4 pattern pieces, and is super-easy to sew. Even with my incredibly low-energy sewing, I'd say I only spent 2 hours on it, max. (Neckline finished with the magic Jalie technique, of course.)

So yay. A new dress for me.

*I am incredibly whiny and sorry-for-myself when sick. Thankfully for all around me, I'm rarely sick.

4 comments:

angie.a said...

Aw, I hope you feel better soon. GREAT dress. I've had that nagging, hanging-on cough for weeks too. Stupid winter. ;)

Ps...what's the magic Jalie technique??

Summerset said...

Looks great! Hope you're feeling better soon!

anna said...

I love the winter boots very much,so last day I purchased two pairs of ugg wintetr boots and some nice nike running shoes from a shop,For my opinion,their boots have awesome quality and nice price for everyone,I think it maybe good for you.Good luck to you!Power Balance are also very poplar and fashion for you.I think you should have a try!

SEWN said...

THat dress is so flattering on you. Love the neckline.