But finally, I have sewing to show.
I've been sick and miserable for most of the last week (people with children - I sympathize completely. I'm pretty sure I caught my persistent cough from a parent who caught it from his kid who caught it from daycare. Not good.) However, last night, right in the middle of the sickness and misery*, I decided to cut out and sew something, and I pulled BWOF 12-2008-113/114 from the stash.
(Since every revision of the BurdaStyle site seems to remove features - previews, magazine archives, etc, I just found the technical drawing at the Russian site and am pasting it here, vs. linking to it.)
I've made two versions of this pattern before - here and here. This time, the fabric I pulled out (a remnant from Joanns that my mom bought for me) was enough to make a dress, and so I did.
There's not much to say about this pattern. It has 4 pattern pieces, and is super-easy to sew. Even with my incredibly low-energy sewing, I'd say I only spent 2 hours on it, max. (Neckline finished with the magic Jalie technique, of course.)
So yay. A new dress for me.
*I am incredibly whiny and sorry-for-myself when sick. Thankfully for all around me, I'm rarely sick.