Monday, December 20, 2010

Styles I shouldn't wear...

I worked on a McCalls 6069 (View B) dress last night, using some black & white printed fabric I bought during my G-Street shopping trip.



I made a size 10. The dress is close to done, but I'm facing a couple of issues, the most pressing being that the dress is literally falling off my shoulders. I think I need to shorten the back strap.

Trying it on though - I was a bit disappointed. This just doesn't look that good on me. I'm trying to figure out what it is, but I think it has to do with the bunching of fabric around my waist. Another classic 80s look, but one I shouldn't wear, I don't think. Also, I think more tailored clothing looks better on me that this kind of loose, unstructured dress, comfortable though it is...

Anyhoo, this is just assorted photo-free rambling. I'll finish the dress tonight, style it properly and take a photo.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, that's one I wouldn't wear either. But can you give it a waistline and take out the gathers round the waist? Then it would have drape on the top half and be sleek in the lower half. I think you would find it suits you then.

Hatty

marysews said...

I think you should show pictures and let your readers decide!

anna said...

I love the winter boots very much,so last day I purchased two pairs of ugg wintetr boots and some nice nike running shoes from a shop,For my opinion,their boots have awesome quality and nice price for everyone,I think it maybe good for you.Good luck to you!Power Balance are also very poplar and fashion for you.I think you should have a try!