Monday, December 20, 2010
Fabric: Some kind of knit I bought at G Street over the summer. It was $2.97 a yard, I think I bought 2 yards, and I used most of it on this dress.
Pattern: McCalls 6069
Pattern adjustments: I cut a size 10. I took a bit out of the bodice bottom, and a bit out of the skirt top (maybe an inch each?) to petite-size.
Time taken: Not the promised hour - how do they count this? I took ~4 hours, but some of it was also watching the Patriots game, so I was pretty distracted.
Favorite bits: I love the cowl, I've been wanting a cowl knit t-shirt for a long time, and this is a good substitute.
Unfavorite things: Ah, here goes, quite a bit actually.
- I've already complained about the bunching of fabric at the waist. Still don't like it.
- I hate how low the back is. In every picture I took, I can see my bra strap. That's too low, people. I need to figure out how to raise the back.
- It keeps falling off my shoulder. Right now, its pinned to my bra, and I still have to keep adjusting it.
In conclusion: I'm thinking of this one as a barely-wearable muslin. I need to think of a way to tweak this so I can keep the awesome bits (the cowl) and adjust the fit better.
(I tried it with a jacket as well, but I think it just makes me look square.)