In the next installment of Gillian's Top 5 list making, my top 5 2013 goals.
This is my favorite bit, dear readers. I love setting goals. I suck at tracking them, I suck at meeting them - but setting them? Love it.
Okay, let's hit it. This one is definitely in order of priority - 1 being the most important, etc.
1. Sew something from every Burda magazine I buy. Every single year, I feel like I make a variation of this resolution, and then break it promptly. Not this year - I'm determined.
2. Finish a quilting UFO once every 2 months. Finished quilts are useful. Half-finished blocks lying all over the place are just plain annoying. Get it done already, Reethi! (However, I've so many half-finished projects that this goal could take over my life, so I'm just going to aim for finishing one every two months.)
3. Make a raincoat. Every single time it rains in Toronto, I wonder why I haven't made myself a raincoat yet.
4. In keeping with using the things I buy, I'd like to sew one project from each of the 6 Japanese pattern books I own (all three Pattern Magic books, both the Drape Drape books, and Shape Shape.)
5. Participate in the 2013 SWAP, and in 3 Pattern Review contests.
There'd be a 6th goal on buying fabric, but Emily and Cindy conveniently announced the Stash Busting sew-along, and I'm going to join that and make my fabric resolution as part of that.