Sunday, July 29, 2018

Birds of a Feather

This might be my oldest UFO.

A very long time ago, I had a sheet. It was getting a little old and a little grimy, and I *should* have thrown it away. 

But of course, I didn't. I have a very hard time throwing away anything. 

So I bought some red fabric, ironed on some fusible interfacing, cut out some birds, and got ironing. There wasn't much of a plan; I was just messing around, trying to do something new, but unfussed about how it turned out. 



I should have measured my sheet, but I didn't. 

I should have spaced out my birds evenly, but I didn't. 

Then, after a few rows, I got bored. The sheet went into the Closet of Unfinished Things, and there it sat for many, many years. (About twenty years, give or take.) 

Until now. 

In keeping with the spirit of experimentation, I decided I wanted to get intricate (if not technically perfect) with my quilting. 

I wanted the lines on the background fabric to look like wind - fluid and freeform. I think I was reasonably successful with that. 



I wanted the quilting on my birds to look like feathers. Definitely less successful there. 



But hey, it's done, and I'm happy. 

In other news, I haven't been either blogging or garment sewing for a long time, but I'm cautiously hoping to get back to both. 

4 comments:

Kay said...

So happy to see your post, Reethi! If you are in Mississauga anytime, let me know (gentlydowntheseam.blogspot.com) we can meet up for a coffee. I still have one of your Burda magazines I borrowed and will return that to you.

Clipping Path said...


Thanks for another great post.

David Millar said...

This site is one of that site. Thank you so much.
Ghost Mannequin services
Photo Retouching Services
background removal service

Unknown said...

ucuz takipçi
ucuz takipçi
tiktok izlenme satın al
binance güvenilir mi
okex güvenilir mi
paribu güvenilir mi
bitexen güvenilir mi
coinbase güvenilir mi