Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Simplicity 2192 - a second try

My first try at Simplicity 2192 turned out unwearable, not because of my sewing, but because of the fragile nature of the fabric. 

I did like the pattern though, and thought this worthy of another try. 

Thoughts? I like it. It's stash fabric, I'm happy to use it. I'm hoping it'll soften further in the wash, since I think the silk of the earlier version drapes better - something that's a necessity in this boxy shirt. 


I'm making a lot of really easy tops, and am wondering if it's time to branch out to a more complicated project. We'll see. After a summer of not very much sewing, easy tops have got me back to the swing of things, and I like having sewing mo-jo.


4 comments:

Susan said...

I really like it. You can make some good staples for your wardrobe.

Cristy Gutierrez said...

It does look simple, but simplicity nowadays rock! I stumbled on your blog while I am looking for crafts and inspiration for my new clothing project. Honestly, I am not very good at sewing, no matter how much my mother patiently thought me...:D But I really want to have a boutique of my own in the future. For now, I will just look for leasing companies that can help me on the financing.

Thanks Reethi! I really enjoyed a lot visiting your posts...

Paulina Bąk said...

Great blog :)
Would you like to follow each other ? :)
slodkieslodkieczary.blogspot.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/S%C5%82odkies%C5%82odkieczary/508516302558214?fref=ts

Jean C. said...

Just wondering if your alright? We haven't heard from you for a while.
Happy New Year!
Jean C.