Friday, November 13, 2009

Lunch-time cooking

Read this if you are wondering why I'm posting pictures of food.

As an explanation, my apartment is 10 minutes away from work, which means I come home for lunch quite frequently. Also, this week, I've been cooking at lunch, and eating leftovers for dinner, instead of the other way around. (Usually, when I come back home in the evening, I'm starving, and having food ready prevents me from eating junk.)

Lunch Nov 12: Spinach with Scallions, Cooked in the Moghlai Style, Yoghurt with Banana in the Gujarati Style and Brown Rice



Lunch Nov 13 (today): Spiced Buttermilk with Tomato


Notes:

- I thought yoghurt and banana was the weirdest combination in the world (the recipe also calls for chopped green chili), but the result was surprisingly good.
- The spinach blew me away. I thought I knew how to cook spinach Indian-style - but this recipe opened my eyes.
- The buttermilk with tomatoes is really similar to a recipe I've eaten my entire life. How bizarre. (Ok, it does mention it is a South Indian dish, so, not really that bizarre.)

1 comment:

Summerset said...

LOL! You are making me hungry for Indian food! I love Indian food and there are not too many Indian restaurants around here.