Friday, January 29, 2010

The vacation countdown begins

On Monday, I'm off on vacation for two weeks. I'm very excited! I'm going to India and Turkey for a week each.

Now, I haven't been to India since I started garment-sewing, so I'm actually a little bit nervous. I'm afraid I'm going to come back with hundreds of yards of fabric, displaying no control whatsoever. (I should take a picture of the existing stash and take it with me as a reminder to slow it down.)

Relatedly, I made a list of 4 places I want to visit in India, 3 of them were fabric stores. I sense doom.

I also hear there will be fabric in Turkey, which is very exciting. I'm dreaming of wool...

I haven't touched the dress since the last post - work has been chaotically busy (the run-up to two weeks of vacation, I fear), and so has my social life. I would really, really like to get this dress done before I leave - we'll see.

Vacation wardrobe? Hah. I have no idea how people manage it, really. Every time Trena goes on a trip, she sews amazing travel wardrobes. I need to learn her time management skills.

No comments: