Thursday, May 06, 2010

May 2010 Mini Wardrobe: Changing my mind...


I am *bored* of McCalls 5474. I've made it here, here and here. And its time to move on, and pick a different pattern.

Enter Simplicity 4236 View C instead.

Ok, what a simple pattern this skirt is. One pattern piece. About 20 minutes to cut out, and so far, in less than an hour, I've cut it out, sewn the side seams, basted the zipper, stopped to take a photo, and blogged about it. (The last two activities do nothing towards getting the skirt finished, but I wanted to stop and try it on at this stage anyway.)

Only downside, I need to let it hang overnight before I mark and cut my hem. I don't think it will stretch out much - we shall see.

And I love my fabric so much. How pretty! New York shopping trip damage - well worth it.

4 comments:

KID, MD said...

LOVE this fabric!! That is going to be a super fun skirt!! Now you need a yellow tee... ;-)

Uta said...

That fabric is so great! I love it when a color/pattern just says "happy"!

anuradha said...

Love the fabric!Very SUMMERY!!

Summerset said...

Ok, I love this one. Where did you get the fabric? Because if there's still some in NYC, I will have to get some!