Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Monday night dinner

Read more here about the Madhur Jaffrey project - one of my 2010 goals. For an index of recipes, click here.

I got *no* sewing done this weekend, and won't have any time during the week either, which is annoying! However, I did hit up the farmer's market near my parents, and in an effort to use up groceries before they withered and died, I spent a bit of time cooking last night.

I made a lot of Korean and Japanese food - delicious! A friend joined me for dinner, and she was noticing how I now have a lot of specialized ingredients to cook Korean and Japanese food (like rice vinegar, mirin, sesame oil, etc). True, it did take a bit to accumulate all of them, but now, these five dishes took about an hour and a half to make - easy! (And a sharp knife is very useful when julienning carrots & radish...)

Monday night dinner - Aug 16, 2010 (from top left, clockwise) - Green Beans with Soy Sauce, Carrot and white radish salad, Cucumber and dried shiitake mushroom salad, Rice with Millet, drizzed with Simple Korean Sauce

No comments: