Saturday, March 27, 2010

Friday night dinner

Read more here about the Madhur Jaffrey project - one of my 2010 goals. For an index of recipes, click here.

I have a lot of food photos to post. I am cooking, slower than I should, really, but still, progress is being made.

I left work early yesterday (I was home at 5.15pm, which is really early for me), and was able to cook up a bit of a storm. Since I don't fancy eating all this food for the rest of the week, I called my parents over for dinner.

March 26, 2010 - Dinner with Parents - from top left clockwise - Navy Bean Salad, Aloo Achaar, Tomatoes cooked in the Gujarati style and Sweet and sour eggplant.



The best part? I gave them all the leftovers, so I can now make new things. (This idea of dumping leftovers on my parents came from my cousin Priya. It is sheer genius, because one of the things that keeps me from cooking is a refrigerator filled with leftovers. And my mom doesn't really like to cook, so this will be helpful for her as well. Win-win. Genius.)

My parents felt compelled to rank their favorite dishes. (I'm really not sure why.)

Ranking, according to my dad:
1. Tomatoes cooked in the Gujarati style
2. Navy Bean Salad
3. Sweet and sour eggplant.
4. Aloo Achaar

Ranking, according to my mom:
1. Tomatoes cooked in the Gujarati style
2. Sweet and sour eggplant.
3. Navy Bean Salad
4. Aloo Achaar

So, there you have it. Go cook the Tomatoes in Gujarati style. (And for the record, I liked the Aloo Achaar. I actually saved off a bit for leftovers.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey so i guess i dont have to make the eggplant when Anu comes...thats the one i was telling her about :) instead of using regular Tamarind I used the store bought tamarind chutney so thats the only diff with what i did...so they did not rate it the highest?