Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Monday night's cooking frenzy

Read more here about the Madhur Jaffrey project - one of my 2010 goals. For an index of recipes, click here.

When in Montreal, I lunched at the market, and stumbled upon some morel mushrooms. They were ridiculously expensive, but I had two recipes that called for them, so I sucked it up and bought them. They dried up somewhat by the time I was able to use them, but I rehydrated in some hot water, and they were fine.

With the morels, I made Morel Mushrooms with Peas, and Kashmiri-style gucchi pullao.




Since I had a ton of groceries in my frig, I also made Brown rice with spinach, Spinach cooked in a Bihari style, Cauliflower and peas with yogurt and Besan (A savory, chickpea flour quiche).






I promptly gave my parents the brown rice with spinach, since my frig was overflowing with food.

I was in the kitchen from 5.30pm until midnight. I stopped for about an hour to give a friend some career advice, and maybe watched a half hour of mindless TV, but that was still a lot of cooking. (I am a slow cook when I follow a recipe, I guess, since I don't really work on multiple recipes in parallel. I'd wither and die in a professional kitchen.) I'm really quite insane.

1 comment:

KID, MD said...

Yum!