Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mangoes with glutinous rice

Read more here about the Madhur Jaffrey project - one of my 2010 goals. For an index of recipes, click here.

I try to preserve my Monday nights and stay at home. It typically gives me a chance to cook some, clean some, and sew some.

Yesterday however, we had a mini-party to celebrate a friend's birthday. It was a wine & dessert party. (John's vegan, and therefore, cheese is out.) Originally, I thought I'd make coconut flan, until I realized - duh - that flan has eggs. Instead, I made mangoes with glutinous rice. It was really easy to make (just mix the cooked rice with coconut cream and sugar), and very tasty.



This new, slower pace of the Madhur Jaffrey project is working well for me. It's summer - I really don't want to be in the kitchen. (Or in the sewing room, for that matter.) I want to explore the city, to soak in the sun, and to chill on patios. I'll get back to lots of cooking in winter, when there's nothing else to do.

1 comment:

anuradha said...

Tha mangoes look YUMMY<not so sure of the glu...rice and the combo!But thats me ofcourse.......